Monday, April 18, 2011

Back to writing after 5 years

I know it has been a real long time since I wrote something. Looking back, things have changed a lot for the better. The last five years have been an amazing time learning new things, growing professionally and growing more as a person.

Now that I have decided to start writing again, there are few key things which I would like to write about. Most of my posts will be related to one of these topics.

1. Entrepreneurship and starting up - the last few years have been spent in understanding how businesses are created, how they evolve and what great entrepreneurs are made of. I have spent time as a founding team member of a startup which grew significantly in numbers and people till the recession decided to consume the whole organization. More about my professional profile here

2. Online businesses, e-commerce, payments and retail ecosystem in India - Most of my experience has been on  payment systems, value added service delivery, e-commerce, new devices ad telecom systems. I will be writing about the exciting world of consumer payments and emerging business areas

3. Golf - I started playing golf from June 2010. This game has completely caught my attention. Thanks to Pankaj Sharma and Siddharth Kapur, my interest in the game has been completely high. I have managed to transform myself from a beginner who misses the ball while swinging his club to driving 250 yards consistently. Additionally, I have also managed to play several courses in Delhi NCR - Noida Golf CourseQutab Golf Course, Air Force Golf course at Chanakyapuri and the Air force Golf course at Hindon. My 9 months of golfing experience included 2 months of rib injury due to excess practice. Finally managed to reach a handicap of 18.

4. Primal Living - Recently introduced to me by my dear friend raj, who writes here, the primal way of living has definitely improved my energy levels, my body composition and I'm sure in a very short while, it is going to lead me to a good lean body structure. The original practioner of primal living has written several articles most of which I am in the process of reading here. The beauty of what Raj has done is taken the primal living fundamentals and applied it to the the Indian context. What he will be about to unravel in the next few years will lead to a billion Indians leading a healthy lifestyle.

So I wrap up my first blog after 5 years by setting the context that I hope will start being informative and a good read.

Cheers
S

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out bud! Will look fwd to more from you. Keep writing!

Srinath said...

Thanks Raj. Look forward to write more.