Tuesday, December 28, 2004

My experiences with J*v*

In the past few weeks I have been reading lots of poetry thats why maybe I thought I should blog few of them and so I did. There were times in my PS when my mind used to be full of variables and methods and classes and Trees and Tables and Renderers and what not.. A day did not begin without going throught he topics on forum.java.sun.com/forum.jspa?forumid=57
I would look into new issues coming up in Java Swing. Try answering some of them (...although i have'nt got any dukes so far) and try catching up with my own design.

Today seems different to me. Let me first explain why I came here. Ever since my second yr second sem I was caught in a beautiful world of images called Vision and IP. Did plenty of project work and must say I have done quite a bit of research in the field and have also submitted an international paper. This was May 2004. When I knew I was coming to DaimlerChrysler my happiness knew no bounds. They had an amazing research group. I was all geared to work in there.

July 4th I land at DaimlerChrysler Research and Technology India. Few days later after the rigourous orientation sessions we had..finally the list of projects had been finalised. I find myself in front of a Compaq Machine with Eclipse IDE open. Yes, they had put me into the sofware division on a live project because java developers were the need of the hour.

I was dissappointed. But definitely being adaptive, tried to love what i had. But initially I was into testing. Well I know the very word would bring out the yuckiest expressions anyone would have got. Well I felt the same...I was just here physically. But my mind wandered into imagining what a loser I was sitting in front of the Eclipse IDE. But I did not have an option.

Well phase one of the project was over and in phase 2 I was made a dveeloper. Well there is a certain pride in saying it when you have been in a testing team for over two months. Then I started to explore the world of Java. I almost fell in love with it. It is such a beautiful programming languages ever discovered. I should say that James Gosling must be given a nobel prize for it. Well in the year 2004 4.5M developers and 1.5M devices use this technology (thanks to Ratish for the blog site of James gosling... :)) ..now thats a whooping number.

Since I always complained that I needed some amount of research involved in the job i do...my Project manager asked me to design a very complex user interface design. He told me that it wasnt easy and it was upto me to get this design working. Well must agree it was a bit tough. But once you get your fuindamentals of Java right..i.e about how java draws its components..what are the methods it uses..what are Trees and Tables and how are they rendered and how are they edited and how to handle events...well if these things are ok then i guess what I did was pretty simple. But what i figured out was that most java developers know little bit about most things but not most thing about one particular thing.

Well thats my love story with java. Came in as a research guy and go out as a hard core sofware developer. Last two days at DC. I know I've learnt lots...but as i said..Java is an ocean..and ocean where you wont repent if you were drowned. I did'nt ..;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://kynryobj.com/vymt/yzqv.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://twcwbaoi.com/grfa/bvtm.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://kynryobj.com/vymt/yzqv.html | http://byjryinc.com/felz/wfwm.html