Tuesday, November 23, 2004

CAT gone to the dogs...

Four months ago, listening to a B-School Grad who had been paid to let us know of the pros and cons of doing an MBA from the IIMs, made me think whether I should go in for an MBA. He was successful in convincing me that it is worth giving a shot at CAT which is considered to be one of the toughest management entrance exams in the world.

There began a journey....a journey of compromises, time management, regularity in classes, continuous revision..a journey which made me dream. Dream of all the things beautiful and bright that these small compromises in life could bring. The dream also carried with it a nightmare...a nightmare of uncertainity..a nightmare of competing with 150,000 students..and most of all a nightmare of failure.

"Everything about CAT is uncertain", said another tutor who was handling a workshop on strategies for CAT. How uncertain is the question. I did not believe him until the morning of 21st Nov 2004, when I was sitting in a classroom filled with dreamers like me, and the CAT paper was distributed. Uncertainity was as uncertain as uncertainity could be. The whole pattern had changed. Less number of questions, increased complexity, uncertain negative marking,...you name it .

The moment I stepped out of the hall I knew I had lost it. It was a bad feeling. I felt like I'm in the middle of no where. I felt like a loser. I have never felt so bad in life.

It took me two whole days to recover form the shock. I have recovered and am a better person now. It was told world over that CAT 2004 was tough. I was'nt bothered. Somebody told me the solutions were out ...I didnt bother. Two days later ....48 hrs of solitude ...Im feeling betterand I'm a stronger person ..I know how to handle failures.

As somebody had rightly said..

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams"

CAT 2005 ...I'm back

No comments: